Monday 22 June 2009

Urban Displacement

Reminiscence takes place when we disengage ourselves from the present. We reminisce within an empty time’ Ronald Bogue.

I wish to deal with the empty time, What I wish to do with my project is study the environments between displacements. I want to map time, when it seems to drag or quickens, to find out how people are affected by the different environments they inhabit.

I started by looking at transport and how you lose focus of time. I concentrated on trains and peoples behaviour in confined spaces. I studied reactions and movement.

We change and adapt are behaviour and even our personalities according to the environment. Boundaries between you and others appear you are no longer alone. You group and form a multiple personality in a displacement world to escape the Reality of existence, u occupy yourself with thoughts music etc, and avoid contact or exceeding your personal space.

The animation shows interaction in a general way. Im going to focus on a point of reference i.e. myself and explore it more in depth.

Its still in the development stages , but feel free to comment…

No comments:

Post a Comment